Blogger Pictures Not Showing Up

I posted last week about getting in here to reorganize my blog and realizing that some of my pictures in some older blogs were missing. So, ya know, that took precedence and I was off hunting down where in the world my pictures went. I knew I hadn't done anything (like delete - gasp!). 

I searched and researched and hunted for an answer. I checked my Google+ photos and my Picasa photos. (In case you don't know ((which I didn't know)) Blogger doesn't actually host your photos. Even if you upload directly to Blogger, they are stored either on Picasa or on Google+ - and that's another blog post.)

Anyway, I checked my Picasa albums and made sure all photos were set to "Public". I checked Google+ and made sure they were all good to go. Yep. All was a-okay on both of those. 

I'm a researcher and a thinker, so I spent the next week or so, checking this and that and then rechecking this and that. Take time to contemplate. Then rechecking again. 

I found nothing wrong.

But, I can't move on with reorganization and, ya know, actually blogging, until I figure out what's going on. Like, what mythical blogosphere creature ate my pictures. I mean, I post recipes with step by step pictures. The pictures are GONE. I am a photographer and my pictures are GONE.

Then....

I was randomly researching today and something caught my eye.....


BlogPress. 




I had used the app BlogPress on some posts. It was (keyword "was") a great little app. You could take pictures with your phone and you could blog right from the app. I tried it and liked it. Kinda. However, when I got my "big girl" camera, I obviously, couldn't blog with those pictures from the app on my phone. So, thankfully, I don't have a LOT of posts that were blogged from BlogPress.

Apparently, when you blogged from the BlogPress app, your photos were stored in a BlogPress album. Annnnnd, the company went....belly up? Out of business? 

I'm not sure where they went. I know if you go to the developer website from the app, you get a generic oops page from GoDaddy or some such thing. 

I checked all of my blog posts with missing pictures and found that, yes indeed, they were all done using BlogPress. See that little blurb at the bottom...



Annnnd as far as I can find out, there is no way to get the pictures back. No response from the company that owns (owned) BlogPress to other bloggers that have discovered this. 

So, after getting mad, crying, throwing a fit, etc., I have decided to just move along. I have installed two backups for my photos, so that they don't get lost again. Lesson learned.

If you're a blogger and you can't find your photos, BlogPress may be the answer.
And that answer sucks. 

Comments