Toll House Cookies

I've been busy making cinnamon applesauce Christmas ornaments and salt dough and cinnamon ornaments. So my house smells like a Christmas bakery and it looks like cookies are everywhere, but alas, none of them are edible. I finally broke down today and made Bossman some goodies. 

These are the simple Toll House Cookies that you can find on the back of a package of Nestle Toll House semi sweet chocolate chips. But, I wanted to show how easy they are to make. 
Which is super easy.

You need:
Flour
Granulated Sugar
Brown Sugar
Salt
Baking Soda (NOT powder)
2 large eggs
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (softened)
Vanilla
12 oz bag Nestle Toll House Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips

**Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Take a smaller bowl and mix 2 1/4 cups flour, 1 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp salt. 
Mix and sift well with a fork. Set aside.




Pack 3/4 cup of brown sugar. Use a spoon to pack well.




In a large mixing bowl add your softened butter (I *meant* to soften mine in the microwave, but I almost melted it instead - it still worked), 3/4 cup granulated sugar, your 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Mix well with a mixer or blender.




Add eggs one at a time and mix well between each egg.





Start adding your flour mixture to your sugar mixture a little at a time, mixing well in between. I add 1/4 of the flour mixture at a time.




When you have all of your flour mixture add, it will look like this.




Time to add your Nestle Toll House semi sweet chocolate  chips. Just dump the whole bag in there and mix it up good.




Drop by spoonfuls onto UNgreased cookie sheet. 
Isn't my cookie sheet pretty? It's stained from too much use. But, I love it and it's my "go to" cookie sheet. See, not a fancy kitchen here :)

Bake for 9-11 minutes in 375 degree oven.
**TIP** I take my cookies out when they are almost NOT all the way done. The dough is 375 degrees even when coming out of the oven and continue to cook as it cools. This will make a slightly softer cookie and nobody likes hard cookies!




When cookies come out of the oven, place on a wire rack to cool.




And, here's the finished product. A whole plate full of yummy cookies for Bossman. 
I even put them on a Christmas plate for him :)














- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments