Tuna Guacamole Rolls

****I don't know what happened to my pictures! I'm going to leave this blog post up, for the directions....meanwhile, I'm hunting down my pictures in the blogosphere picture graveyard...


I love tuna. But, the normal way of making it can take away from the healthy benefits. After all, you normally add mayonnaise to it, with maybe some boiled eggs and relish, then slather it between a couple pieced of bread. With going gluten free, the bread was out of the question. And, trying to stay away from processed foods, like mayonnaise, what else can you do with it?

Then, I had an idea....

I drained the water off of a can of StarKist chunk light tuna in water. NOT the kind in oil!



Then, I grabbed my favorite guacamole. I use Yucatan All Natural Authentic guacamole when I don't have time to make my own. Notice it says 95% avocado and 5% spices. As store bought avocado goes, it's not too bad.



I mixed the tuna and guacamole in a bowl. Simply replace the amount of mayonnaise you would normally use with the guacamole. Feel free to add boiled eggs, onions, relish, tomatoes. Be creative!



Then, I took some leaf lettuce. NOT iceberg lettuce! (iceberg lettuce has virtually not a lick of nutritional value.) Take a few leaves off the stalk. My one can of tuna mixture needed about three leaves.



Rinse the lettuce leaves and then lay on a dish towel and pat with a paper towel to absorb most of the water.



Lay the lettuce leaves out and place some tuna and guacamole mixture down the center. If you go with the fold of the lettuce leaf, it's easier to roll up.



Then, simply roll the lettuce leaf around the tuna. 
That's it! No bread. No mayonnaise. This was soooo good! Trust me, you can eat two or three of these and be well under the calorie count of a normal tuna sandwich. Plus, no gluten. 

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments