Roasted Vegetables

How do you cook fresh asparagus? How about broccoli, carrots, zucchini? I am completely convinced the BEST way to cook these types of vegetables is to roast them in the oven. These were delicious! 

Start by cleaning and cutting your raw vegetables. I used asparagus, carrots, zucchini and broccoli. I left the skin on my zucchini. 



I gathered up my extra virgin olive oil and my favorite spices. In this case, crushed red pepper, cilantro leaves, oregano leaves and smoked paprika. On a side note, have I told you how much I love smoked paprika? Yes, true love.



I put a couple tablespoons of the olive oil in a bowl and added the spices to it and then mixed it up good. Yes, we know how easy it is to mix olive oil, right?






Next, I lined a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and then sprayed Pam olive oil cooking spray on it. Aluminum foil is an excellent way to help with dish clean up.



Then, I tossed my fresh vegetables in my olive oil and spice mixture. C'mon, get your hands in there and get those veggies coated with this good stuff. 



Then, I laid my coated vegetables out on the cookie sheet. So far, so good, right?


Sprinkle with some minced garlic.......




I ran out of room so I had to put my broccoli in a different pan. I tried a round cake pan and it worked just fine. So, if you don't have a cookie sheet, this works!



Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes and you've got the yummiest roasted veggies ever!
On a side note: I made these on Sunday and divided some up into quart freezer bags and refrigerated. I brought some for lunch today, threw them in the microwave, and they were still great! So, feel free to make ahead.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments