Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus

This was really good, but I will do it a little different next time. I'll explain down there in amongst the pictures.

Take 10-12 stalks of fresh asparagus. Rinse and cut the "bottom" ends off. **The idea that I followed said that the asparagus stalks didn't need to be roasted first. They don't - kinda. It took longer, wrapped in the prosciutto (ham), to soften than I anticipated. Next time, I will roast them with spices and olive oil in the oven for 10-15 minutes or so and then wrap and pan sear.

Lay prosciutto out kinda "catty corner" and roll the asparagus stalks in it, forming a "roll". **When I asked my deli guy to slice the prosciutto, he was a little "put off' by me, because I wanted the one marked "Gluten and MSG free". Apparently, he had to empty half the cooler to get to it. So, slap me, it's the kind I wanted! I am supposed to have "sandwich slices", but mine was sliced very thin - more for a salad.



After they are wrapped, they will look something like this.



Heat olive oil in a large skillet (I use cast iron). Lay your wrapped asparagus in the pan to sear. That's it! Easy peasy.



I paired ours with guacamole deviled eggs and meatloaf
Yummy!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments