Tuna Melt

****I don't know what happened to my pictures! I'm going to leave this blog post up, for the directions....meanwhile, I'm hunting down my pictures in the blogosphere picture graveyard...


This is super easy. It's also yummy and healthy. Can't beat that with a stick, can ya?

Start with 2 cans of your favorite chunk light tuna in water. Hear that? Water, not oil - oil is bad; water is good. Put your tuna in a bowl. See, easy.







Mince about half of a small onion. 







Put your onion and about two tbsp mayo in your bowl of tuna. Basically, you're making tuna, so use as much mayo as you would use to make sandwiches.







Add 1 tbsp lemon juice. One of these cute little juice lemons will do fine.







Throw some pepper in there and mix it up with a fork.  Seriously, that's about all there is to it. Now, it's time to build.








Place 4-6 slices of toast on a broiler pan or cookie sheet (whatever you prefer or have handy or is clean at the time). Divide your tuna mixture evenly on your slices of toast. Top each with a slice of tomato.







Now, throw on some shredded cheddar cheese. Bossman is a cheese-lover, so I piled it on pretty good.







Put your oven on BROIL and let it preheat a few minutes. Put your pan full of tuna melts in the oven and let the cheese melt and start to brown. It usually takes about 3-5 minutes. That's it! Didn't I tell you it was easy? Doesn't that look yummy?!







Serve with some homemade sweet potato fries for a yummy, healthy dinner with lots of protein and antioxidants. And, it's pretty.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Ruawizard said…
I am going to have to try this it sounds and looks great. keep them coming, girl.